Re: [O] Best way to edit org files via Dropbox on an IOS device?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Best way to edit org files via Dropbox on an IOS device?
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 21:58:54 +0000

On Thursday,  5 Nov 2015 at 15:53, Chris Patti wrote:
> I've tried MobileOrg and the strange (to me :) push/pull workflow
> doesn't fit my needs very well.
>
> Dropbox has an excellent IOS client, I'd love to just be able to load
> and edit my .org files from that with some app or other.
>
> Does such exist?

Has anybody ported Emacs to iOS?

If not, move to an open system, e.g. the OpenPandora! ;-)
I use Emacs on the move all the time.  But it's not iOS...

Seriously, trying to edit org files in anything other than org mode in
Emacs is difficult except for minor changes.  (exception: I believe
there is a vim org compatible mode)  If Emacs is not available on iOS,
can you ssh to a system which does have Emacs?  I do this in a pinch (if
I've left my Pandora at home).

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.5.1, Org release_8.3.2-215-gb4af3f