Re: [O] Can't email multipart/alternative anymore

From: Aaron Ecay
Subject: Re: [O] Can't email multipart/alternative anymore
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 15:15:00 +0000

2015ko urriak 23an, Peter Davis-ek idatzi zuen:

> On 10/23/15 4:44 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Based on the backtrace, I think that if you do M-x load-library RET
>>> ox-org RET your error should disappear.
>>>
>>> If that’s the cause, the attached (draft) patch should give a better
>>> error message in cases like this.
>> Thank you.
>>
>> However, `org-export-barf-if-invalid-backend' raises an error, not
>> a user-error. IOW, it doesn't need to be verbose: it is a bug if a user
>> sees it anyway.
>
> Actually, I didn't see the barf part in the mini-buffer. All I saw there
> was:
>
> Unknown "nil" back-end: Aborting export

Indeed – the patch I sent was targeted at better error messages, not
at avoiding the error.  (I first tried to automatically load ox-org in
the relevant case, but that runs into circular require problems).

I could do a smaller patch which just changes the error message text
within o-e-barf-if-invalid-backend.  Or drop it if you feel it’s not
worth it.

> I copied the rest from *Messages*
>> I suggest to (require 'ox-org) where appropriate and fix the issue.
>> I didn't look closely at the problem so you know better than me where
>> this line should be added.
> I replied earlier, but it doesn't seem to have shown up on the list yet.
> Explicitly loading ox-org *did* fix the problem for me, but I already have
>
> (require 'ox-org)
>
> in my .emacs file, so I'm not sure why that was ineffective.

As Nicolas said, it would be good to know if upgrading org fixes the
issue that you see.

Thanks,

--
Aaron Ecay