Re: [O] Rescheduling timestamps on a headline (not the next line)

From: Michael Hoffman
Subject: Re: [O] Rescheduling timestamps on a headline (not the next line)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:07:12 -0400

On 10/21/2015 3:51 PM, Matt Lundin wrote:
Michael Hoffman <address@hidden> writes:
I am using org-mode 8.2.10. I often like to keep SCHEDULED and
DEADLINE timestamps on the headline so they are more compact and show
up even when I have collapsed that tree. Unfortunately, in this case,
(org-schedule) and (org-deadline) add a new timestamp on the second
line instead of replacing the previous schedule.

Org-syntax requires planning info (SCHEDULED, DEADLINE) to be on its own
line. Anything can be arbitrarily entered into an org file, but only
certain syntax will work properly.

Thanks Matt. Is there a supported way to have planning info show up on the same line as the headline in the org file itself (rather than in an agenda)? This can be very handy when organizing a lot of items to have them all show up on the screen.

Or at least to have only the planning info show up and not other information stored under the headline?

Many thanks,
Michael