Re: [O] Multiple capture templates in file

From: tenspd137 .
Subject: Re: [O] Multiple capture templates in file
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 17:43:29 -0600

I can do the following in .emacs

(setq org-capture-templates
      '(("t" "Todo" entry (file+headline (concat org-directory
"/default.org") "Tasks")
         "* TODO %?")
        ("j" "Journal" entry (file+datetree (concat org-directory
"/journal.org"))
         "* %?\nEntered on %U\n")
        ;;product or work specific stuff - I would like to move these
to files and have
        ;;them loaded - maybe in the future
    ("p" "product")
    ("pt" "Product Todo" entry (file+headline (concat org-directory
"/product.org") "Tasks") "* TODO %?")))

and it works as expected

but if I do this in .emacs:
(setq org-capture-templates
      '(("t" "Todo" entry (file+headline (concat org-directory
"/default.org") "Tasks")
         "* TODO %?")
        ("j" "Journal" entry (file+datetree (concat org-directory
"/journal.org"))
         "* %?\nEntered on %U\n")))
        ;;product or work specific stuff - I would like to move these
to files and have
        ;;them loaded - maybe in the future

(load-file (concat org-directory "/capture-templates/product-templates.el"))

with product-templates containing:

(push '(("p" "product") ("pt" "Product - Todo" entry (file+headline
(concat org-directory "/product.org") "Tasks") "* TODO %?"))
org-capture-templates)

and then I use C-c n to go to capture mode, it just hangs with the
mouse cursor in a spinning wheel.  Am I not translating the part to go
into submenus correctly, or can you not add sub-menus as I am doing.

Thanks!

-C