Re: [O] Scheme code block gives false error message

From: Lawrence Bottorff
Subject: Re: [O] Scheme code block gives false error message
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 13:14:40 +0000

Sorry, Nick, not following you. Could you elaborate more? As a rank beginner, I'm not sure what a backtrace is or how to produce one or how it read it. What do you mean by "master" and "maint"?

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 5:41 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
Lawrence Bottorff <address@hidden> writes:

> Again, this code
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC scheme :session ch1 :exports both
> (define (bool-imply a b)
>   (if (or (not a) b) #t #f))
> #+END_SRC
>
> gives the error
>
> org-babel-scheme-execute-with-geiser: Invalid read syntax: "#"
>
> and this time attempting to use the function
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC scheme :session ch1 :exports both
> (bool-imply #t #f)
> #+END_SRC
>
> produces no #RESULTS: block, rather, again, the error (in Messages buffer)
>
> org-babel-scheme-execute-with-geiser: Invalid read syntax: "#"
>
> even though this is perfectly healthy code, and it works in the accompanying "ch1" REPL. Any ideas what's happening?

Your previous example worked for me (both with master and maint - I use
guile, not chicken, but that should make no difference).

But this one fails with the "Invalid read syntax error" and with the
attached backtrace (running on maint - master gave the same error but
I didn't get a backtrace).

HTH.
--
Nick