Re: [O] Latex/Table: horizontal line spanning some cells

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Latex/Table: horizontal line spanning some cells
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 22:09:11 +0200

Hi,

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

> In a table, I would like some horizontal lines that span only some
> columns, and not the whole width. My document has to be exported to
> latex, in which you need something like \cline{4-5} for a horizontal
> line spanning columns 4-5

For bookstabs you'd use \cmidrule(·){·-·}.

AFAIK, there's no support for this.

There's column groups, but they will insert vertical lines, which is
arguably (much) less interesting.

Perhaps we would add support for other groupings as well, e.g.

| / | ( | ) |   |
|   | a | b | c |
|---+---+---+---|

It would also be nice to add multicolumns.

> How could I do this in org, so that I will get the right latex export.

For now you'd have to go with a filter or maybe use other means to produce
a table.  In the past, when I have needed more complex tables I've usually
used a mix of Hmisc in R, babel and some Emacs-lisp to clean it up...  Not
so nice.

> Has anyone done this in org?

Undoubtedly.

Rasmus

--
Hvor meget poesi tror De kommer ud af et glas isvand?