Re: [O] exporting multiple choice questions to Aiken or GIFT formats?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: [O] exporting multiple choice questions to Aiken or GIFT formats?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:46:49 +0200

On 2015-08-28, at 16:44, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just on the off chance that somebody has done this already, is there an
> export engine for creating Aiken or GIFT format exam questions?

I've never heard of these, but I did a similar thing for HTML+JS and
LaTeX:

https://github.com/mbork/org-edu-html
https://github.com/mbork/org-edu-latex

My markup was to use lists with checkboxes, and check the correct
answer(s).

> The second step would be to be able to select a random number of
> questions to export from a larger question bank.  Suggestions for how to
> do this also welcome!

I would do it in a separate function altogether, so that I could
e.g. first create a random set of questions, and then run an exporter to
generate the test.

Tomorrow I'm giving a talk during EmacsConf2015
(http://emacsconf2015.org/) about custom Org exporters.  Notes and code
are available here: https://github.com/mbork/ox-oddmuse .

> thanks,
> eric