Re: [O] beamer_env tag issue with empty headlines

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] beamer_env tag issue with empty headlines
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 20:53:28 +0200

Pip Cet <address@hidden> writes:

> Could you explain your reasoning for this in some more detail? I use
> empty headlines + tags (properties, actually) in my "set properties in
> headlines rather than special drawers" code, and I wouldn't want it to
> break even more than it currently is because of this limitation.

The reasoning is that it is a tricky situation, which may not be handled
everywhere in code base, e.g., depending on the regexp used. As
a consequence you're in /terra incognita/ anytime you use such
constructs.

> As you say, there are limitations in both cases, but do you actually
> see headlines beginning with a colon being useful anywhere?

FWIW, I don't even see empty headlines useful anywhere. You can, for
example, use \nbsp{} or some such to hide a headline. But IMO, it looks
weird in overview display and is totally uninformative.

> I don't, but empty headlines are useful for setting tags (or, in my
> case, properties) without making up a title, so in my humble opinion
> it's a clear-cut case to support empty headlines + tags.

Possible. The fact that we're having this discussion means we should
probably choose one option, write it down in Org syntax, then deal with
the bugs. Which option is open for debate. I am not married to any of
them.