Re: [O] Org-sync status

From: Albert Krewinkel
Subject: Re: [O] Org-sync status
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 19:20:02 +0200

Hi all,

just my 2¢ as a quick follow-up.  I still like the idea behind org-sync,
though I totatly agree with Aurélien that it is rather challenging to
convert between a free-formed, human readable format and a rigid format
like a bug tracker of kinds.  In our conversation 2 years ago, Aurélien
specifically highlighted the difficulties of handling comments and other
parts within the an org entry which make the conversion process
impossibly difficult.

If anybody does some work in the general direction of org
interoperability, please keep me in the loop.

If I ever find the time, I'd like to write a general service in the
spirit of pandoc, translating between different bug-trackers and
task-managers, treating org as one of the possible backends.  This
coincides with my plan to expand the pandoc org-reader into a full-blown
org-mode parser.  However, this is nothing but vapor-ware.
Realistically, it is unlikely to materialize any time soon.

So again, please let me know if you are working on something interesting
in that regard.

Cheers,

Albert

--