Re: [O] Time-zone in dates

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Time-zone in dates
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 16:10:47 +0100

On Friday, 26 Jun 2015 at 10:38, J. David Boyd wrote:

[...]

> I can see that being a real pain.  The simple way would 'just' be to convert
> everything to UTC in the background for comparison.

Having spent a year essentially commuting between Australia and the UK a
couple of years ago, I can tell you that there is no "simple"
solution... :(

The simplest solution for me was firstly to use org (of course :-), then
put in all time stamps as "local" time and finally ensure that the time
zone setting for the computer itself, e.g. a laptop, matched where I was
at the time.  This turns out to be more human oriented than having to
worry about time zones, especially when it comes to extra complications
like summer time.

In practice, I do not miss having time zone information in org.

YMMV, of course!

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1247-ga833d3