Re: [O] org-use-property-inheritance not working?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] org-use-property-inheritance not working?
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 13:46:53 +0200

> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> OK - but this behavior is not influenced by the variable
>> org-use-property-inheritance. So what is the meaning of the variable
>> then?
>
> The variable is checked when calling `org-entry-get' with a non-nil
> INHERIT optional argument.
>
> In this case `org-entry-get' calls `org-entry-get-with-inheritance'.

OK - let's move away from the programming in org and back to my question:

Looking at my example, it seems that the variable
org-use-property-inheritance has no impact on the header arguments,
i.e. no properties are inherited. So it seems that there is a bug, or a
severe misunderstanding on my side what property inheritance means.

From the help of the variable:

,----
| When nil, only the properties directly given in the current entry count.
| When t, every property is inherited.  The value may also be a list of
| properties that should have inheritance, or a regular expression matching
| properties that should be inherited.
`----

Reading this, and the fact that I get the same properties irrespective
if I set org-use-property-inheritance to t or nil, I would assume that
there is something not correct or consistent.

Rainer

> Regards,

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)

Stellenbosch University