[O] LaTeX_HEADER blocks

From: Mark Edgington
Subject: [O] LaTeX_HEADER blocks
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 00:28:19 -0400

Hi Everyone,

It is possible in org-mode to do either

    #+LaTeX: \somecommand

or

    #+BEGIN_LaTeX
    \somecommand
    #+END_LaTeX

I typically use the latter (the block form) because I often have
multiple lines of LaTeX I would like to include at certain locations
of a document.

Similar to #+LaTeX, there is also #+LaTeX_HEADER, which ensures that
something is included as part of the preamble.  Unfortunately,
however, there is no equivalent block form for #+LaTeX_HEADER.  As a
result, when there are several items one wishes to have in the
preamble, it's necessary to have many such lines, each with a
"#+LaTeX_HEADER: " prefix.

For the sake of consistency and convenience, wouldn't it be worthwhile
to add a "LaTeX_HEADER" block type to accompany the "LaTeX" block
type?

It seems like this was proposed a couple years ago by Eric Fraga, but
didn't go anywhere because of concerns over how to decide where to
place the content of such blocks relative to the content of
"#+LaTeX_HEADER" lines.  It would seem sensible to make it work
identically to how #+LaTeX lines and #+BEGIN_LaTeX blocks work -- they
are simply included in the order in which they are encountered in the
org file.

Regards,

Mark