[O] org-notify: can't define an org-notify-add

From: Alain . Cochard
Subject: [O] org-notify: can't define an org-notify-add
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 01:31:32 +0200

Hello.

If I have in my emacs init file the following org-notify setup, as
specified by the org-notify doc (if I understand it correctly):

   (require 'org-notify)
   (org-notify-add 'my-appt '(:time "1h" :actions -message
                                                                   :period
"30s" :duration 20))
   (org-notify-start)

and in my todo.org file:

   * TODO test agenda
     DEADLINE: <2015-05-21 Thu 17:55>
     :PROPERTIES:
     :notify:   my-appt
     :END:

the behavior I get is the one defined as the default in the
org-notify.el file:

        ;;; Provide a minimal default setup.
        (org-notify-add 'default '(:time "1h" :actions -notify/window
                                         :period "2m" :duration 60))

I can override this default in my init file, i.e., replacing
"org-notify-add 'my-appt" above by "org-notify-add 'default", and I
then get "my" default behavior.

So as far as I can see, everything behaves as if I did not use the
proper syntax for the :PROPERTIES: block (consistently, if I alter it
or remove it completely, I still get the default behavior).

Am I doing something trivially wrong?  Any idea how I could debug
this?  (I have no relevant message in the *Messages* buffer.)

Many thanks in advance.

Org-mode version 8.2.10 (8.2.10-40-gc763fa-elpa @
/home/cochard/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150518/)
GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.12) of
2015-04-17 on buildvm-04.phx2.fedoraproject.org