Re: [O] bug:? org babel updating images (C-c C-c) triggers "show as text

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] bug:? org babel updating images (C-c C-c) triggers "show as text" (C-c C-c) in imagemagick buffer.
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 22:37:39 +0200

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> On Friday,  8 May 2015 at 15:22, Leo Ufimtsev wrote:
>> I use org-babel to make graphviz diagrams in my notes.
>>
>> I open resulting images in the side panel via C-u C-c C-o (or right-click
>> image).
>> (See 20 screen shot)
>>
>> Now it shows the image fine at first.
>>
>> Then I run org-babel in the text buffer (on the left) to update the image on
>> disk (C-c C-c).
>> But for some reason, this also calls 'show as text' 'C-c C-c'
>> (image-toggle-display) in the side panel and causes the image to look
>> like bits of text.
>>
>> I then have to constantly go to the side panel to return it back to image.
>> (C-c C-c).
>>
>> Sometimes I it happens after the 2nd update of the image. But eventually
>> I'll see text.
>
> this happens to me all the time so it's nothing unique in your
> configuration.  I also find it very annoying and would love to see a
> solution.

IIUC, you should retrain yourselves to use other key bindings than the
"do-it-all" C-c C-c.

For executing code, that's C-c C-v C-e (or e on the beginning of the
code block -- speed key).

For images, that's C-c C-x C-v.

In fact, I never use C-c C-c in Org. I've even customized:

  (setq org-babel-no-eval-on-ctrl-c-ctrl-c t)

to be sure to unlearn C-c C-c.

Best regards,
  Seb

--