[O] Org-drill and checking spelling

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [O] Org-drill and checking spelling
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 15:38:43 +0200

Hi all,

I'm about to start using org-drill.  I find, however, one feature
lacking.  In the old days of SuperMemo 7 (the Windows 3 version, which
IMHO had the best UI in the history of SM), items could be marked with
a special (customizable) string so that SM asked the user to /type in/
the answer, and checked whether the typed text was a substring of the
actual answer.  Based on that, it recommended a grade (passing 4 or
failing 2, by default).  Of course, the user could override the grade,
and cheat by typing "the" or something like that;-), but it was
nevertheless a great way to check whether I got the spelling right.

I looked through org-drill docs and didn't find anything like that.
Maybe someone did it for themselves already?  If not, I'll be happy to
code it.  I assume that writing a suitable function in Elisp is
a question of 15 minutes at most.  I don't know, however, where exactly
I should plug it.  From a quick skim through org-drill.el, I assume that
either org-drill-entry (less probable) or org-drill-present-.* (more
probable) is the way to go.  Am I right?

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University