Re: [O] Converting a Dissertation Template from docx to .org to use for

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Converting a Dissertation Template from docx to .org to use for LaTeX
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 12:20:27 -0400

Hi Paul,

For this type of one-off project (a thesis), I'd suggest you a) remove all
Org-generated LaTeX header, b) create your own LaTeX preamble that you
\include{preamble} in your Org file, and then all of your questions become
LaTeX questions, not Org questions.

Those LaTeX questions are likely easily googlable (or bingable) and found on
TeX.SE. At the top of your Org document you can embed all the LaTeX code you
want to generate the custom title and signature pages required by your
institution.

Just my 2c.

On 2015-05-04 at 11:58, Paul Harper <address@hidden> wrote:
> I need some items to appear on a page of their own. (ie. Ethical Approval,
> Abstract, Declaration, Table of Contents.) How do I do that?

\clearpage command in LaTeX.

  -k.