Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 12:32:25 +0100

On Thursday, 30 Apr 2015 at 11:58, Rasmus wrote:

[...]

>> I've definitely wanted some sort of a track changes equivalent in Org,
>> but we'd want to be careful about this.
>
> Isn't this the job of VC?  I'm not sure how we can concisely represent all
> the needed metadata?  Something like

I'm 100% with you on this.

One of the most important aspects of org is that it is all text and
existing and powerful revision control systems can be used with any org
file.  Let's not go down the "everything including the kitchen sink"
approach as we'll do everything badly and nothing well (i.e. end up with
an MS Word look-a-like...).

Let's keep things simple.

Anyway, that's my opinion.  Obviously, nobody is going to force me to
use org-annotate for tracking changes but my concern is feature creep
leading to a mess...

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 25.0.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-1062-gce4e64