Re: [O] [Feature Request] [ENTER] or [C-Alt ENTER] while on headline ski

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [Feature Request] [ENTER] or [C-Alt ENTER] while on headline skip over drawers automatically
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 18:19:08 +0200

Hello,

Subhan Michael Tindall <address@hidden> writes:

> I use drawers a lot, some of which are set up by hooks when I'm entering
> headlines (most notably TODO keywords)
> Given the new syntax that requires no text between drawers & headlines
> (if I'm recalling that correctly),

For correctness, it only affects properties drawers.

> I think it would be very usefull to
> have either [ENTER] (bound to org-return)(C-Alt ENTER is an alternate
> keybinding possibility) move point to start of line FOLLOWING any
> drawers, DEADLINE, or SCHEDULE lines, like this:

There is already a function for that : `org-end-of-meta-data'. The
problem is the binding.

I don't think it should be the default for RET, but we could introduce
a variable, e.g., `org-special-RET', much like, e.g.,
`org-special-ctrl-a/e'.

However, there's already `org-return-follows-link'. It might be
confusing to keep both, so we could try to merge these features.

Another option is to define a new speed command, but there are not much
bindings left (at least "x", "y", "z" and special characters, e.g. ".").

Eventually, we could introduce a `org-return-hook' where an user could
add, e.g.,

  (lambda () (when (org-at-heading-p) (org-end-of-meta-data) (insert
  "\n")))

Opinions?

> Complication:
> ,** TODO this is a new headline[ENTER]
> ,:PROPERTIES:
> ,:MyProps: value
> ,:END:
> ,Is this text allowed here under new drawers syntax?

Yes.

Nicolas Goaziou