Re: [O] comment section with latex_header

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] comment section with latex_header
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:02:38 +0100

Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:

> I see.  I did not consider any possible slow-downs.  I'd expect COMMENT
> to behave exactly like # in every regard -- not only export.  That is a
> clearly defined behaviour, that should not produce confusion.

As explained, this is not realistic.

> If COMMENT is only valid for export, then I would actually recommend
> to rename it to make that clear.

The manual is, IMO,  pretty explicit:

     Finally, a ‘COMMENT’ keyword at the beginning of an entry, but after
  any other keyword or priority cookie, comments out the entire subtree.
  In this case, the subtree is not exported and no code block within it is
  executed either.  The command below helps changing the comment status of
  a headline.

> I completely agree.  My question was, what a use case would be that
> requires a COMMENT that behaves different from #'ing the individual
> lines (and is not covered by :noexport: already).

I don't think there is any. This is basically what my first patch did
(i.e., removing any COMMENT subtree at the very beginning of export
process), but it nevertheless surprised some users.