Re: [O] [ox] possible to modify org-export-document-properties OTG

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [ox] possible to modify org-export-document-properties OTG
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 00:10:52 +0100

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Document properties are keywords where `org-element-context' is allowed
>> to return an object. It doesn't make sense to add random keywords
>> specific to some export back-ends to the list.
>
> I think something like SUBJECT in ox-koma-letter makes sense.

It seems we are failing to communicate.

I have nothing against SUBJECT being parsed in "ox-koma-letter".
However, `org-element-document-properties' are keywords expected to be
parsed in _every_ export back-end. This is not for SUBJECT.

>> At some point, I thought about adding a `parsed' behaviour to
>> `org-export-options-alist' as a shortcut.
>
> Presumably you'd want to be able to toggle it for elements of
> export-options.

I mean to use `parsed' at the BEHAVIOR position in
`org-export-options-alist' entries. So, obviously, this is triggered per
keyword.

> I don't understand why an export setting would affect an element
> interpretation such as org-element-map.  Probably I have something
> different in mind than you.

If you map over a parse tree, e.g., looking for bold objects, it is
a bit tricky to tell `org-element-map' that SUBJECT is no longer
a regular keyword but now possibly contains objects.

OTOH, we can consider that SUBJECT is still a regular keyword, and that
the property the keyword sets (e.g., :koma-letter-subject) contains the
objects.

In this case, it is no longer ambiguous for `org-element-map' and al.,
and `parsed' becomes an interesting shortcut.