Re: [O] Status of MobileOrg for iOS?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: [O] Status of MobileOrg for iOS?
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 22:45:51 -0800

Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

> David Masterson <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> What is the status of MobileOrg for iOS?
>
> It seems stalled but, AFAIK, it is free software and higly hackable
> if you have the knowledge and time ^^
>
> As I did not have either resource, I decided to stop using MobileOrg
> ;) After all, I did not use it much and I had problems with the UX.

It does seem somewhat stalled, but it does seem to work once you get it
set up.  I hope I can find time to work on it in the future.  It could
use the following:

1. Further details in the documentation.
2. A better description of what MobileOrg can and cannot do.
3. Simpler data entry/update methods (perhaps Siri?).
4. Exchange between iPhone outliners and MobileOrg.

Overall, for managing your life, I see very little better than Org
especially if you are used to working with Emacs.  And Org is free and
always improving (as is obvious from this newsgroup).  The one issue
that has been holding me back was accessing and updating my tasks and
overall "life outlines" from my iPhone which is always with me.
MobileOrg begins to address that, but I have a lot to learn on using
both.

--
David Masterson
Programmer At Large