Re: [O] clocktables include "\emsp" - how to get rid of that?

From: J. David Boyd
Subject: Re: [O] clocktables include "\emsp" - how to get rid of that?
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 13:46:52 -0500

Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting "\emsp" in my clocktable reports.
> I use
>
> #+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 4 :fileskip0 t :tcolumns 0 :level nil :scope
> agenda-with-archives :timestamp nil :block 2015-03 :step day :link t
> :stepskip0 t
> #+END:
>
> to create these clocktable
>

> Daily report: [2015-03-02 Mo]
> | File                  | Headline
>      |   Time |
> |-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+--------|
> |                       | ALL *Total time*
>      | *9:00* |
> |-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+--------|
> | Projectmanagement.org | *File time*
>      | *2:45* |
> |                       | \emsp [[..][Project Managament: Weekly meetings
> etc.]]           |   2:45 |
> |                       | \emsp\emsp [[..][TODO *00 - Project Managament
> -...]]            |   2:45 |
>
> Anybody has an idea where this comes from and how to get rid of it?
>
> Thank you.
> Regards, Rainer

This was changed a while back so that the clocktable exports correctly.

I was fighting this for a while by modifying the source code every release,
but then I gave up.

If you look in org-clock.el, you'll see what causes it.

This is a bit of a diff I have that shows what it now, and what it used to be
like.

<     (let ((str " "))
<       (dotimes (k (1- level) str)
<       (setq str (concat "\\emsp" str))))))
---
>     (let ((str "\\__"))
>       (while (> level 2)
>       (setq level (1- level)