Re: [O] Citation syntax and ODT

From: Vaidheeswaran
Subject: Re: [O] Citation syntax and ODT
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 12:40:42 +0530

More importantly I see Nicolas willing to make the
necessary modifications to export engine.

Let us JUST ACCEPT what Nicolas is saying and work from there.
Otherwise, the current momentum will peter out (much like earlier
initiatives).

For now, if each of us could just step back a little and focus on
getting just the nose inside the tent, it will be not long before the
camel is inside the tent.  If we are trying to get the whole camel
head-body-and-tail, it is going to be a non-starter.

I am seeing that Nicolas has strong ideas on how the syntax should
look.  He is dithering only because he wants someone to step forward
and puncture his ideas.

Instead of making fresh proposals, it would be efficacious if each of
us could:

1. Orient ourselves in to puncturing the seat that Nicolas is sitting
   on.

2. Focus on the bare minimal functionality agreeable -- agreeable but
   MAY NOT be satisfactory -- to whole spectrum of users right from a
   kindergarterner to a post-doctoral fellow.

Meanwhile, I am opened up a fresh channel with Nicolas as a self-appointed representative of ODT users...