Re: [O] ODT export: Issues with `org-export-footnote-first-reference-p'

From: Vaidheeswaran
Subject: Re: [O] ODT export: Issues with `org-export-footnote-first-reference-p'
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 10:14:04 +0530

On Thursday 12 February 2015 02:42 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
It does, e.g., when exporting to LaTeX. This is an odt limitation.  So,
I disagree, `org-export-footnote-first-reference-p' is correct here.

Let me put my question this way:

What changes need to be made in ox.el and/or ox-odt.el so that the snippet I shared produces the right XML acceptable for LibreOffice.

text1 [fn:1]

text2 [fn:2]

[fn:1] footdef1[fn:2]

[fn:2] footdef2

For purposes of ODT backend, we need to find the 'site of first reference' THAT IS OUTSIDE OF A foonote definition. Would it be possible for you to augment the API so that I can request such a reference.

NOTE: The XML that is emitted by the ODT exporter, suggests that the '[fn:2]' occurring in '[fn:1]' is treated as site of first reference. We would like to make '[fn:2]' occurring next to 'text2' be treated as the site of first reference. If we do that, everything will be just right.