Re: [O] doc patch: move footnote in external links

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] doc patch: move footnote in external links
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 12:12:21 +0100

On 2015-01-12 09:43, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:

> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I don't understand: won't you need the "[33%]" bit for an exact
>> search?
>
> A statistics cookie is a variable part. If it ever changes, all your
> links become invalid. It is better to simply ignore them (which is
> already the case).

OK. I see that the current regexp for headline matching is defined as
follows:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(concat "^\\(\\*+\\)"
        "\\(?: +" org-todo-regexp "\\)?"
        "\\(?: +\\(\\[#.\\]\\)\\)?"
        "\\(?: +"
        ;; Stats cookies can be stuck to body.
        "\\(?:\\[[0-9%%/]+\\] *\\)*"
        "\\(%s\\)"
        "\\(?: *\\[[0-9%%/]+\\]\\)*"
        "\\)"
        (org-re "\\(?:[ \t]+\\(:[[:alnum:address@hidden:]+:\\)\\)?")
        "[ \t]*$")
#+end_src

used like this (the regexp is `org-complex-heading-regexp-format'):

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(re-search-forward (format org-complex-heading-regexp-format
                           (regexp-quote s))
                   nil t)
#+end_src

I see that the cookie is ignored, but it seems that it can only be at
the end of the searched heading.

The approach taken in ox.el is different: it gets rid of the cookie in
the found headlines:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(org-element-map data 'headline
  (lambda (headline)
    (when (equal (org-split-string
                  (replace-regexp-in-string
                   "\\[[0-9]+%\\]\\|\\[[0-9]+/[0-9]+\\]" ""
                   (org-element-property :raw-value headline)))
                 name)
      headline))
  info 'first-match)
#+end_src

This allows the cookie to be anywhere (in fact not even surrounded by
white space).

Should we assume the cookie is at the end of the headline or not?

>> Also, does ignoring whitespace mean replacing any (non-empty) amount of
>> whitespace by non-empty whitespace, or can you also insert or delete
>> whitespace between contiguous strings:
>> - do "foobar" and "foo bar" match?
>> - do "foo bar" and "foobar" match?
>
> The former. Or use `split string', like in
> `org-export-resolve-fuzzy-link'.

I'd gladly do this, but to use the `org-element-map' function it seem
that I need a parse tree. How can I get it? Or is it possible to use
directly `org-element-map' on a buffer?

Thanks,

Alan

--