[O] Warning about section named "Footnotes"

From: Arni Magnusson
Subject: [O] Warning about section named "Footnotes"
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 19:04:40 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Org maintainers,

I was using Org to write a software manual with a structure along the lines of:

* Equations

How to write equations in software FOO.

* Footnotes

How to write footnotes in software FOO.

* Images

How to insert images in software FOO.

When I exported the document (to LaTeX and HTML), I was puzzled to find that one of the sections was not exported at all...

After investigating the problem for a while, I realized that if a section is named "Footnotes" the default behavior of Org is to ignore it silently.

My solution was to set `org-footnote-section' to nil.

I think it would help Org users if:

1. Org export (to LaTeX, HTML, etc.) emits an error or a prominent warning
   when it ignores an entire section like this.

2. The manual would warn the user about this behavior with a prominent
   warning.

Thanks for maintaining Org-mode. I'm finding it quite convenient for a variety of tasks.

Arni