Re: [O] orgmode batch publishing failure

From: henry atting
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode batch publishing failure
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 20:21:22 +0100

> henry atting <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> org-mode version 8.3beta (release_8.3beta-581-g0e52f0)
>>
>> After updating orgmode from git batch publishing does not work anymore,
>> the error message says:
>>
>> Autoloading failed to define function time-add
>>
>> The according part of Makefile
>>

>> sheet: $(HOME)/misc/horg/ledger-queries.org $(HOME)/.org_batch_publish
>>      touch $(HOME)/misc/horg/ledger-queries.org
>>      emacs --batch -Q -l $(HOME)/.org_batch_publish --eval '(org-publish
>> "org")'
>>

> For problems like this, I try doing it without --batch. Start emacs:
>
>     emacs -Q -l $(HOME)/.org_batch_publish
>
> turn on debug-on-error and then eval (org-publish "org").

This worked flawlessly without any error...

> time-add is defined in time-date.el which is required by org.el, so I'm
> not sure why you are getting this. The backtrace (assuming you get one)
> might shed some more light.
>
> There have been situations where I get the error with --batch but not
> without. These cases are more difficult to debug unfortunately.

I could not track down the exact cause of this misbehaviour but I did
assume that it had something to with my migration from emacs 24* to 25*,
most probably some wrong lisp/etc directories. I removed everything and
built emacs anew, now it works again as expected.

> Nick

Thanks,
henry