Re: [O] [RFC] Change property drawer syntax

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Change property drawer syntax
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 12:04:06 +0100

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban writes:
>
>> It does work perfectly on the "meta-stuff" (SCHEDULED, DEADLINE,
>> etc.). Though, it moves as well the "body" text -- while I'm not using
>> `org-indent-mode'.
>>
>> * New section
>>
>> * The SCHED will be moved
>>   SCHEDULED: <2011-08-18 Thu>
>>
>> ** This one won't be moved along with the heading
>>    SCHEDULED: <2011-08-18 Thu>
>>
>>  Because of this text here...
>> ^ Space inserted here.
>
> This is expected, actually. I realize that `org-adapt-indentation'
> docstring is not totally up-to-date.
>
> If your indentation shouldn't depend on the current headline level,

Yes, that's what I want [1]!

> you might want to set this variable to nil.

Isn't that somehow duplicate with `org-indent-mode' (which I don't
enable either)?

  ┌────
  │ org-indent-mode is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in
`org-indent.el'.
  │
  │ (org-indent-mode &optional ARG)
  │
  │ When active, indent text according to outline structure.
  │
  │ Internally this works by adding `line-prefix' and `wrap-prefix'
  │ properties, after each buffer modification, on the modified zone.
  │
  │ The process is synchronous.  Though, initial indentation of
  │ buffer, which can take a few seconds on large buffers, is done
  │ during idle time.
  └────

Would I want to let the indentation following the level of the entries,
I'm not sure what I'd have to do:

- (org-indent-mode), and/or
- (setq org-adapt-indentation t)?

Best regards,
  Seb

[1] And that simplifies A LOT file diffs...

    Hence, another question: shouldn't the default be reversed (no
    adaption of indentation, by default)?

--
Sebastien Vauban