Re: [O] How do you interact with org src blocks for your gmane.emacs.org

From: Brady Trainor
Subject: Re: [O] How do you interact with org src blocks for your gmane.emacs.orgmode correspondence?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 19:24:36 -0700

Brady Trainor <address@hidden> writes:

> ... Here is my
> present workflow, and I hope there is some simple or complex solution
> where others have a better workflow they can share:
>
> 1. Cut some pieces from my .el or .org files,
> 2. Paste into the scratch buffer,
> 3. Convert scratch buffer to Major mode org,
> 4. Add src blocks using org-mode shortcuts ("<s TAB org" or "selisp SPC"),
> 5. Edit as needed for email, for instance taking advantage of indenting etc.
> in "C-c '" mode
> 6. Cut and paste from scratch buffer to email draft
> 7. Edit email
> 8. If extensive editing of src blocks is needed while drafting, may
> consider switching back to scratch buffer including further cutting
> and pasting

I think I have found a rather peculiar solution (to my lengthy workflow).

A normal solution:
  Based off a simple solution, of simply changing the mode of the email-draft
(message) buffer to org-mode. Than C-c ' to edit in another mode, C-c ' to
return, and M-x message-mode RET to view the normal message-mode hightlighting
of headers and quoted messages.

Strangish solution:
  C-x 4 c to clone the buffer, then switch to org-mode. But strangely, the
syntax highlighting of message-mode is preserved! Simultaneously I get both
modes' syntax highlighting, and <s TAB and C-c ' work!

(Heh heh, C-c C-c did not work... but M-x message-send-and-exit RET does!)

--
Brady