Re: [O] Proper settings for tj3 report directory/output?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Proper settings for tj3 report directory/output?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 20:10:12 -0500

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 8:36 AM, Christian Egli <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi John
>
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I just re-set up tj3 on a new work computer and am a bit puzzled by
>> the report directory structure.
>>
>> If I use C-e J p instead, I get:
>> ~/working_dir/file.org
>> ~/working_dir/file.tjp
>> ~/working_dir/reports/Overview.html
>> ~/working_dir/reports/taskjuggler/{css,examples,icons,scripts}
>
> I cannot reproduce this behaviour.

Sorry... should have done this in the first place. Here's my exact
setup with a test case:

#+begin_src tj3 version
  $ tj3 --version
  TaskJuggler v3.5.0 - A Project Management Software
#+end_src

Config used with =emacs -Q=, followed by =M-x load file ~/path/to/min-config=:

#+begin_src min-config
  (add-to-list 'load-path "~/.elisp/org.git/contrib/lisp/")
  (require 'ox-taskjuggler)
#+end_src

Simple org tj file:

#+begin_src tj-test.org

* Project :taskjuggler_project:
** task1
   :PROPERTIES:
   :task_id:  task1
   :start:    2014-11-01
   :duration: 10d
   :END:
** task2
   :PROPERTIES:
   :task_id:  task2
   :depends:  task1
   :duration: 10d
   :END:

#+end_src

When I export that (living in ~/Desktop) with =C-e J j= and then run
=tj3 ./tj-test.tjp=, I get:

~/Desktop/tj-test.org
~/Desktop/tj-test.tjp
~/Desktop/Plan.html
~/Desktop/taskjuggler/{css,examples,icons,scripts}

Delete everything but tj-test.org, and re-export with =C-e J p=, and I get:

~/Desktop/tj-test.org
~/Desktop/tj-test.tjp
~/Desktop/reports/Plan.html
~/Desktop/reports/taskjuggler/{css,examples,icons,scripts}

Plan.html doesn't pick up the css or scripts as-is with either method.
Once placed inside ~/Deskopt[/reports]/taskjuggler, it works. I
attached screenshot showing the file path for both in the browser.

>> I'm a bit confused by both behaviors. The variables I've defined in .emacs
>> are:
>>
>> org-taskjuggler-target-version: 3.5
>> org-taskjuggler-default-reports: include "reports.tji" (custom report
>> I've defined)
>>
>> As far as I know, these are relevant but left as the default that came with
>> org:
>> org-taskjuggler-proces-command: "tj3 --silent --no-color --output-dir %o %f"
>> org-taskjuggler-reports-directory: "reports"
>
> Your analysis is correct. The pertinent vars are mostly
> org-taskjuggler-reports-directory, org-taskjuggler-proces-command and to
> some extent org-taskjuggler-target-version. And as you see the exporter
> just delegates to tj3 to put the reports in a specific directory by
> using --output-dir. This should work.

After going through all that, I'm pretty sure this is a tj3 or setup
issue. I futzed with --output-dir, but the report and the taskjuggler
directory are always the same relatively to one another (so
--output-dir "reports" yields reports/Plan.html, and
reports/taskjuggler). If you say --output-dir "reports/taskjuggler",
you'll just get another layer which happens to work since the previous
taskjuggler dir is still there.

I filed an inquiry/issue on github to see what Chris has to say:
- https://github.com/taskjuggler/TaskJuggler/issues/154

John