Re: [O] Exponents / subscripts

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] Exponents / subscripts
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 15:19:07 +0200

Unfortunately, some users complain about the approximation. OTOH, I'm
pretty sure that most LaTeX users can parse sub/superscript LaTeX code
without any fontification at all.

If there is no easy way to fix it, I may prefer to disable this fontification,
because it displays something which is wrong (also the superscript is too small in my opinion,
sometimes the character is unreadable).

The current \(a^nb^n\) is actually displayed as \(a^{nbn}\) which is misleading.

This is what bothered me first.

OTOH, I have set up preview of formulas (actually I did it for tikz diagrams) and it works well.
It is slower, and I use it for complicated formulas only, but at least it is exact.

Fabrice