Re: [O] You don't like the HTML export; well, that could change!

From: Fabrice Niessen
Subject: Re: [O] You don't like the HTML export; well, that could change!
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 16:42:11 +0200

Hello Mehul and all,

Mehul Sanghvi wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Fabrice Niessen wrote:
>>
>> I'm announcing the release of Bigblow, a CSS + JS theme for the Org HTML
>> exports.
>>
>> To use it in your own files, adding these lines should make it:

>> #+HTML_HEAD: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="
>> http://www.pirilampo.org/styles/bigblow/css/bigblow.css"/>
>> [...]
>>
>> If you clone my repo from GitHub, it can become as easy as adding
>> just one line:

>> #+SETUPFILE: path/to/Git/repo/setup/bigblow-pirilampo.setup
>>
>> Test it on your files, or look at the video I posted on YouTube to see
>> what it looks like:
>>
>>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnSGSiXYuOk
>
> This is awesome !! I tried it out and liked it.  About the only things
> I would change are the fonts being used and the font-size.

On that front, I know I'd have to make the CSS more responsive, by
removing some (or many?) specifications in px, and replace them by
percentages.

> Oh and the colour scheme since I prefer slightly darker colours :)

Not much I can do here ;-)

> Otherwise this works out just fine for publishing one project per
> file.  Not sure how it will work with one project spread out over
> multiple files.  Or a site with multiple sub-projects.

Yes, it currently is targeted toward the publication of one file,
presented as if it were many (because of the tab presentation). Not sure
how to for many files.

Maybe the CSS should be cut into what's common for both use cases, and
what's specific to "one Org page" or "multiple Org pages".

> Though I think those are more Orgmode related, rather than CSS related.
>
> Regardless, this looks awesome, at least to a non-CSS, non-HTML person
> like myself.

Thanks.

> p.s.  Links to the images you are using for things like (info, tip,
> etc.)  are relative so they wont work in the case where I am using the
> HTML_HEAD method to add the theme.

I think it does work.  Do you have an ECM where it doesn't?  Or another
proposition?

Best regards,
Fabrice

--