Re: [O] Call speed-commands with prefix-arg?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Call speed-commands with prefix-arg?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 00:11:31 +0200

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Thorsten,
>
> 2014ko irailak 23an, Thorsten Jolitz-ek idatzi zuen:
>>
>> well, here is some positive feedback - thanks for tackling this!
>> I tried to port this to outshine.el right away, but can't make it to
>> work. But this might well be due to the fact that I'm on the console, no
>> X11.
>>
>> When I do C-u 4 t (with t for todo in the outshine speed cmds) I simply
>> get:
>>
>> ,----
>> | tttt;; ** DONE err
>> `----
>>
>> Since outshine-self-insert-command is a one-to-one copy of
>> org-self-insert-command, I guess if the patch works for you, it must be
>> a console problem that I have. Does your patch work for you on the
>> console too?
>
> It seems to, yes.  Can you test org mode (not outshine) in the console,
> and verify that the original patch works for you there?  If it doesn’t,
> that needs to be resolved before the patch can be merged.

I get 3 different results trying speed-command ':' with prefix:

 1. in Org, when edebugging 'org-set-tags-command', C-u : and C-u 4 :
 both result in speed-command " "

,----
| Result: [32]
|
| Result: 1 (#o1, #x1, ?\C-a)
|
| Result: 0 (#o0, #x0, ?\C-@)
|
| Result: 32 (#o40, #x20, ? )
|
| Result: " "
|
| Result: org-display-outline-path
`----

 2. when not edebugging, C-u 4 : seems to work in both Org and Outshine

-> "All tags realigned to column 0"

 3. when doing C-u 4 t in outshine, with

,----[ C-h f outshine-todo RET ]

`----