Re: [O] Get :PROPERTY: value from drawer in other heading during HTML ex

From: D. C. Toedt
Subject: Re: [O] Get :PROPERTY: value from drawer in other heading during HTML export?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:37:56 -0500

Beautiful -- thanks!

Is there any documentation I can read to get a sense of how things work?  I've done a little bit of browsing inside org.el and its comments, but that seems like it's not the most effective way to get up to speed.

Regards,

--D. C.

Dell Charles "D. C." Toedt III  (my last name is pronounced "Tate"
Attorney and neutral arbitrator -- tech contracts and intellectual property
Lecturer, University of Houston Law Center
​Editor, ​​​Common Draft project:  A readable library of best-practices contract clauses,
     with extensive citations and commentary, updated often.
address@hidden     LinkedIn: dctoedt    Calendar (redacted)
O: +1 (713) 364-6545    C: +1 (713) 516-8968
​​

Houston, Texas (Central time zone)

Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is not intended
to serve as an electronic signature nor as assent to an agreement.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

"D. C. Toedt" <address@hidden> writes:

> When generating an HTML file from an org-mode document, I'd like to do a
> GET operation to retrieve a property value from the drawer of an arbitrary
> heading, using the CUSTOM_ID property to identify the heading.  From
> Google-searching, I suspect that "org-heading-components" will be involved,
> but I'm not proficient enough in elisp to be able to figure out how to use
> it from the on-line examples I've found --- and I'm not proficient enough
> in Emacs to use any built-in documentation about it ("apropos" doesn't
> produce any results).

[...]

> #+MACRO: get-title [omitted -- thanks to Nicolas Goaziou for the get-title
> macro, at
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-02/msg00386.html]

You can use the same macro, replacing

  (org-get-heading nil nil)

with

  (org-entry-get (point) "$2")

IOW,

  #+MACRO: GET-PROP (eval (or (save-excursion (ignore-errors (let ((org-link-search-inhibit-query t)) (org-open-link-from-string "[[#$1]]") (org-entry-get (point) "$2")))) "UNKNOWN VALUE"))

Nicolas Goaziou