Re: [O] Get :PROPERTY: value from drawer in other heading during HTML ex

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Get :PROPERTY: value from drawer in other heading during HTML export?
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 21:06:32 +0200

Hello,

"D. C. Toedt" <address@hidden> writes:

> When generating an HTML file from an org-mode document, I'd like to do a
> GET operation to retrieve a property value from the drawer of an arbitrary
> heading, using the CUSTOM_ID property to identify the heading.  From
> Google-searching, I suspect that "org-heading-components" will be involved,
> but I'm not proficient enough in elisp to be able to figure out how to use
> it from the on-line examples I've found --- and I'm not proficient enough
> in Emacs to use any built-in documentation about it ("apropos" doesn't
> produce any results).

[...]

> #+MACRO: get-title [omitted -- thanks to Nicolas Goaziou for the get-title
> macro, at
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2014-02/msg00386.html]

You can use the same macro, replacing

  (org-get-heading nil nil)

with

  (org-entry-get (point) "$2")

IOW,

  #+MACRO: GET-PROP (eval (or (save-excursion (ignore-errors (let
((org-link-search-inhibit-query t)) (org-open-link-from-string "[[#$1]]")
(org-entry-get (point) "$2")))) "UNKNOWN VALUE"))

Nicolas Goaziou