Re: [O] Managing articles in orgmode and collaboration

From: Christoph Groth
Subject: Re: [O] Managing articles in orgmode and collaboration
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 13:40:59 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz wrote:

> do you have a function that automatically fetches bibtex entries for
> books from the web, given some info (title, year, author or so)?

I haven’t yet started to manage literature with org mode, so I do not
have anything so far.

It’s usually easy to find BibTeX records on the web.  For books and
articles in my field (physics) google scholar works quite fine.  For
articles only, arXiv offers powerful search capabilities.

It shouldn’t be too difficult to write a “capture” function in emacs
that turns such records into entries in an org file.  That would be
automatic enough for me.