Re: [O] Difference :header-args: and :header-args+:?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Difference :header-args: and :header-args+:?
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 16:17:33 +0200

Rainer M Krug writes:
> Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I have a question concerning the property :header-args:. In addition
>>> to :header-args: there is also :header-args+:.

Since essentially you're asking about property syntax, please read the
corresponding chapter of the manual.

>>> 1) If I set some properties globally and in a subtree I want to *add* a
>>> *new* header argument - do I have to use the + or not?

If you do that at the same level (old-non-lang-specific,
non-lang-specific, lang-specific) then yes.

>>> 2) If I set some properties globally and in a subtree I want to *change*
>>> a *single* header argument which *was set globally* - do I have to use
>>> the + or not?

You can only override a header argument, not change it.  Again, if you
do this at the same level and there are other header arguments at that
level, then the + variant is what you want.

>> Are you aware that you can set individual header args as properties?
>> Something like (at the file level):

Are you aware that this doesn't quite do what you think it does, some of
the time, when things become more complex than your example?

> I was using this deprecated behavior and I was *very* happy with it, but
> I am trying to adjust to the new syntax.
>
> So how can I use the new syntax?

If you maybe had an example of what you're trying to do instead of
asking stuff about things you don't want to do?  Otherwise, have a look
at

<orgmode.git>/testing/examples/ob-header-arg-defaults.org

and adapt to your needs.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: