Re: [O] ox-freemind.el / org-freemind.el

From: Felix Natter
Subject: Re: [O] ox-freemind.el / org-freemind.el
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:53:04 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> Felix Natter <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

>>> org-freemind is derived from ox-html:
>>>
>>> ,----
>>> `----
>>>
>>> so if org-freeplane derives from org-freemind, you have all the
>>> html-exporting functionality at your fingertips already, if I'm not
>>> mistaken.
>>
>> hi Thorsten,
>>
>> thanks for the hint, seems my org-mode is hopelessly outdated (from
>> emacs 24.3).
>> However, I cannot find any *-freemind.el in
>> git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git, is that because it's non-free?
>> (in git://orgmode.org/org-mode.git, it is included as
>> contrib/lisp/ox-freemind.el, does the 'contrib' indicate non-free as
>> well...?)
>
> for me its in:
>
> ,----
> | /org-mode/contrib/lisp/ox-freemind.el
> `----

For me too :-)

So the right way for ox-freeplane.el to be accepted in org-mode is to
extend or clone ox-freemind.el? Is there a chance that ox-freeplane.el
will move from contrib/ to lisp/ (when I sign the copyright papers)?

>> Is ox-freemind.el derived (forked/copied) from org-freemind.el?
>> Is anyone currently actively developing ox-freemind.el?
>
> Does org-freemind.el exist at all?

Yes, it's part of GNU Emacs 24.3:
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-freemind.el.gz

Thanks and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter