Re: [O] Moving my init.el to Org

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: [O] Moving my init.el to Org
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 23:24:19 +0200

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

Hello Thorsten,

> I gave this a try, and here are some observations.
>
> On 2014-08-31 16:12, Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> on your src-blocks before conversion, as an alternative, like this
>>
>> ,----
>> | (org-dp-toggle-headers &optional 'header)
>> `----
>>
>> to avoid losing the src-block header-args during conversion.
>
> I don't use headers in that file so I skipped that step.
>
>> 2. Call 'outorg-convert-org-to-outshine' just once, its only for the
>> initial conversion. Then you have an outshine file that you convert to
>> org occasionally with the usual 'outorg-edit-as-org'.
>
> As it's not interactive, I had to evaluate it. The only thing I then saw
> is the reply "nil". I searched for a created buffer and I found it, but

Yes, since this is most likely a seldom used function (every file is
converted just once) I did not bother to make it interactive. And IIRC
it returns nil and doesn't change window-config because it was written
with batch calls in mind.

> the results are surprising. With this small input file:
>
> * test
> ** test2
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (+ 2 2)
> #+end_src
>
> I got this output
>
> ;; * test
>
> ;; #+header:
> ;; #+header: ** test2
> ;; #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> ;; (+ 2 2)
> ;; #+end_src

Thats a bug, it should be fixed now in branch tj-outorg (which should
actually be faster and better than master anyway and will hopefully be
merged in a few weeks or so).

Here is my org-mode test buffer:

#+BEGIN_ORG
* test
** test2
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(+ 2 2)
#+end_src

#+begin_src picolisp :exports code
(+ 2 2)
#+end_src

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :results value :cache no
(+ 2 2)
#+end_src
#+END_ORG

and here the emacs-lisp-mode output buffer:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
;; * test
;; ** test2
(+ 2 2)

;; #+begin_src picolisp :exports code
;; (+ 2 2)
;; #+end_src

;; #+header: :cache no
;; #+header: :results value
(+ 2 2)
#+END_SRC

which looks ok so far. can you test it too?

PS

What about switches? AFAIK they don't work yet as #+header args, is
that correct? If so, is it planned to make them work as #+header args
in the future?

--
cheers,
Thorsten