Re: [O] Using Buffer name in :include export property

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Using Buffer name in :include export property
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 19:21:05 -0400

Julien Cubizolles <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm using the following elisp source block in my org files to choose the
> publication options.
>
>   (setq org-publish-project-alist
>         '(("TeX"
>            :base-directory "./"
>            :publishing-directory "./"
>            :publishing-function org-beamer-publish-to-latex
>            :exclude ".*"
>            :latex-class "mpsi_beamer"
>            :include ("test.org"))
>           ))
>
> I'd like to define it once and for all in my emacs
> configuration files but I'd need to replace the
>
>            :include ("test.org")
>
> line with the result of (buffer-name). Is it possible ?

Do you mean buffer-file-name?

When you publish a project, it does not matter what your current buffer
is. So why would you want to include the random file that you just
happen to be visiting?  And what if the buffer is not associated with a
file at all (so buffer-file-name returns nil)?

Can you explain what exactly you are trying to do?

The usual method of splicing in a variable into a list is with
backquote - see e.g.

          http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/9583/focus=9603

but I don't think that would work here in any case.

--
Nick