Re: [O] Bug: "LATEX_HEADER includes are not copied to temp directories"

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: "LATEX_HEADER includes are not copied to temp directories" [8.2.5c (8.2.5c-elpa @ /Users/avigoz/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140107/)]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:40:23 +0100

On Thursday, 21 Aug 2014 at 14:28, avigoz wrote:
> Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
> what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See
>
>      http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback
>
> Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.
>
> in my orgmode files i include the line "#+LATEX_HEADER: \input{lib.tex}"
> in order to have the latex listings package included. (lib.tex includes
> only one line - \usepackage{listings} ). When I now use c-c c-x c-l in
> order to view an equation snippet inside an orgmode buffer, compilation fails
> because the temporary directory that orgmode uses does not include
> lib.tex . if I copy lib.tex manually to the temp directory, everything works.

I am not sure this really qualifies as a bug.  I think it would be
unrealistic to expect org to be able to parse LaTeX code.

The solution is relatively straightforward, albeit maybe not the most
portable: specify a full path for the file name in the input command.

Alternatively, use org directives for including other org files?

Or modify the org-latex-classes variable to include your desired header
specifications if you always want them.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.4.50.1, Org release_8.3beta-246-g77d0da