Re: [O] clock-in clock-out problems

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] clock-in clock-out problems
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 17:39:06 -0400

address@hidden (hymie!) writes:

>>> (lines cut to 75-ish, but I can try to send the full entire error message
>>> if needed)
>>>
>>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil)
>>>   goto-char(nil)
>>>   (cond ((and org-clock-in-resume (looking-at (concat "^[       ]*" org-cloc
>>>   (save-restriction (widen) (goto-char target-pos) (org-back-to-heading t) (
>>>   (save-excursion (save-restriction (widen) (goto-char target-pos) (org-back
>>>   (save-excursion (if (and selected-task (marker-buffer selected-task)) (pro
>>>   (let ((interrupting (and (not org-clock-resolving-clocks-due-to-idleness)
>>>   (catch (quote abort) (let ((interrupting (and (not org-clock-resolving-clo
>>>   org-clock-in()
>>> [...]
>>
>>I added the following to my .emacs
>>
>>--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>>(require 'org-clock)
>>(setq org-clock-persist t)
>>(org-clock-persistence-insinuate)
>>--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> I didn't have (require 'org-clock) ; just added it; no help.
>
>>If you get an error, then it might be a bug in your version. Post the
>>version along with the complete backtrace (preferably using
>>org-submit-bug-report).
>
> The entry that I'm using is just
>
> * TODO clock test
>   CLOCK: [2014-08-18 Mon 16:20]
>
> (This is the "Messages" that you asked for in the other post)
>
> ("emacs" "zz.org")
> For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-x h C-a.
> Restoring clock data
> Resume clock (clock test) (y or n)  y
> Matched 2014-08-18 Mon 16:20
> Entering debugger...
> Quit

... and the complete backtrace? Does it look like the partial one
you posted before? In particular, is the argument to goto-char nil?

If that's the case, and assuming I'm in the right place in the source
code, *Messages* shows the correct value for the matched string but the
backtrace shows that match-end returned nil which means that the regexp
*did not match*.  Both of these two cannot be right (unless there is a bug
in the emacs regexp matching code, which for now at least, I'm
discounting).

--
Nick