[O] clock-in clock-out problems

From: hymie!
Subject: [O] clock-in clock-out problems
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:40:19 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings.

I've discovered a problem with clocking-in and clocking-out.  I think
this used to work in the past (when I ran 8.2.7a and/or 8.2.7b), but
I've had the same problem twice (both with 8.2.7c) .

I have a TODO scheduled for today:
* TODO run clamav on machine
  SCHEDULED: <2014-08-18 Mon 09:00>

I get to work and start it with C-c C-x C-i
* TODO run clamav on machine
  SCHEDULED: <2014-08-18 Mon 09:00>
  CLOCK: [2014-08-18 Mon 08:55]

I save the file, exit emacs, and go off to do other things that may or
may not include playing larn.  This seems to be the important part
(saving and exiting the file, not playing larn).

I get back to my desk, run emacs, and try to clock out of the task
with C-c C-x C-o.  I get an error "No active clock".  I get this same
error whether my cursor is on the "TODO" line or the "CLOCK" line.

Now it gets weird.  I try to clock in again with C-c C-x C-i.
I get a warning of a "Dangling clock started 60 minutes ago" and
I'm asked to "Select a Clock Resolution Command".  So clearly it
sees that there is an open clock that needs to be resolved somehow,
except C-c C-x C-o still maintains "No active clock."

I don't have the self-confidence to ask "How do I file a bug report?"
Instead I will ask "What did I do wrong?"

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie    address@hidden