Re: [O] Some thoughts on MobileOrg and its development ....

From: Carlos Sosa
Subject: Re: [O] Some thoughts on MobileOrg and its development ....
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 15:23:46 -0700

Jacek Generowicz <address@hidden> writes:

> Alexis <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> One could, for example, create an entirely new project on GitHub
>> called 'MobileOrgRebooted', and create entirely new apps in the
>> respective stores using that name.
>
> That strikes me as the sensible thing to do.
>
>> (As it is, there's not a uniformly named app in any case - we have
>> 'MobileOrg' for iOS, and 'MobileOrg-Android' for, well, Android.)
>
> There's also MobileOrgNG for Android.

There's a difference feature wise between MobileOrgNG[1] and
MobileOrg-Android[2], which I believe should be merged into one project.
For instance, I don't know of MobileOrgNG having a SSH synchronizer
which many people make use of, including me, but with that said,
MobileOrgNG has a far greater and friendlier interface.

I would suggest merging both projects for the sake of a better user
experience.

[1] - https://github.com/kvj/mobileorg-android
[2] - https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android

-- Carlos Sosa