Re: [O] R code block produces only partial output

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] R code block produces only partial output
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 07:30:24 -0400

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> 2014ko abuztuak 5an, Eric Schulte-ek idatzi zuen:
>>

> [...]
>
>> I don't know.
>>
>> The Babel R support needs a dedicated maintainer.  This was a role Dan
>> Davison originally filled.  I've partially filled in since, but as a
>> *very* light R user I'm not the best person.
>
> I use babel’s R support (almost) every day for my work, and I know
> enough elisp to be getting along.  I’ve not had tons of time for
> org/emacs development lately, but I think I can make enough time to
> maintain ob-R.el.

That would be great, and a personal relief.  Perhaps you could begin
with a patch for the regexp issue in this thread?

> There are others who could probably do just as good (if not indeed
> better) a job.  Rainer’s name springs to mind as someone who has
> submitted several patches for ob-R lately, but there are probably
> others who I’m not calling to mind immediately.  I’d be happy to
> share with other willing volunteers, either as a joint maintainership
> or (perhaps preferably) alternating the position in a 3- to 6-month
> rota.

Yes, and some form of sharing would of course be great.  Multiple active
maintainers is better than just one.  I think the main thing is to have
someone who, in threads like this one with many good suggestions, will
take the initiative to move from discussion to a proposed patch, and
then to apply that patch down the line.

Thanks!
Eric

--