Re: [O] Org 8 Bug in interactive formula editing mode?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Org 8 Bug in interactive formula editing mode?
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 15:01:51 -0400

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Thorsten Grothe <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> If the frame is bigger than about 50 lines (so that after C-c ', it's
>>> big enough to show the whole table, including the formula and the empty
>>> line underneath it) then I don't see the problem.
>>
>> Thank you very much for your instructions!
>>
>> yes you are right for the org file. I tested Roberts example with your
>> instructions and after resizing the formula frame a bit it works but
>> unfortunately this does not work with my attached tex file. For the
>> first table it works but for the two other tables it does not work
>> even not if I try to resize the formula window, so that I can see the
>> whole table and the formula line, sorry about that :-) I throws me to
>> the end of the buffer again, funny thing :-)

BTW, I played with your file[fn:1] a bit and I can get around the
problem by resizing the windows so that the file window is more than 100
lines and the formula editing window is about a dozen lines (I can get
about 132 lines on a monitor rotated into portrait mode - even more by
reducing the font size, but my eyes start complaining at around that
point).

So I'm pretty sure that the characerization stands: if the frame
(and the file window) is big enough then the problem is not visible.

Nick