Re: [O] Org 8 Bug in interactive formula editing mode?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Org 8 Bug in interactive formula editing mode?
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 04:58:45 -0400

Thorsten Grothe <address@hidden> writes:

>> Now, when I go down to the first formula whose referenced field(s) are
>> not visible, the cursor in the org file jumps to the end of the file
>> which is then displayed at the upper end of the tabletest.org buffer window.
>>

>> In "sufficient" long org files the visible cursor jumps to the end of
>> the org file buffer as soon as you navigate to a line with a formula in
>> the *Edit Formulae* buffer window.
>
> I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has this problem. I tested the
> file with the same result. Editing formulas works fine until line @4$4 see
> link
> with uploaded screenshot 1:
>
> http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/bildschirmfoto-22072014-100459.php
>

> from @5$4 to the end emacs jumps to the end of buffer
> see link with uploaded screenshot 2:
>

> http://www.zimagez.com/zimage/bildschirmfoto-22072014-100751.php

OK, I can see the problem too:

    - make sure you have a sufficiently small frame (with Robert's
      test file, a frame of about 30 lines long should do it)
    - open the first headline
    - open the second headline with the table
    - navigate to somewhere inside the table
    - C-c '
    - navigate among the formulas
    - see cursor jump in the original buffer between a row of the table
      and the end of the buffer

If the frame is bigger than about 50 lines (so that after C-c ', it's
big enough to show the whole table, including the formula and the empty
line underneath it) then I don't see the problem.

Nick