Re: [O] BEGIN_LATEX_HEADER [cont]

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] BEGIN_LATEX_HEADER [cont]
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:16:05 +0200

Hello,

Aaron Ecay <address@hidden> writes:

> The first is that editing non-trivial latex code embedded in an elisp
> string quickly becomes tedious, whereas it’s much pleasanter in org
> using org-edit-special, syntax highlighting of src blocks, etc.

This is a no-op since you only do it a limited number of times, i.e.
once for each document type.

> The second is that it’s impossible to share without distributing elisp
> code.  From the twin standpoints of reproducible research and security,
> I think org ought to maximize the degree to which export use cases are
> sharable without resorting to executing elisp code.

This is also a no-op. You cannot be serious about reproducible research
if you don't share `org-export-async-init-file' anyway.

Eventually, if you insist on writing your full preamble within the
document, you can start to write it in a LaTeX-mode buffer, copy it in
your Org document and add "#+LATEX_HEADER: " in front of each line.
This last step is done easily with `string-rectangle' (C-x r t).

Nicolas Goaziou