Re: [O] Writing .el files for org in org?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Writing .el files for org in org?
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 13:42:15 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> So the reason why I think it would be advantageous to have these files
>> in org does not lie with the programmer familiar with emacs-lisp, but
>> with somebody familiar with the other side.
>
> Sorry I was too terse in my previous answer: I completely agree with
> the goal you describe, but I don't think adding an .org source along
> the .el output (say e.g. ob-R.org and ob-R.el) will simplify my life
> as a maintainer: each time an ob-*.org file is changed we need to
> tangle it again... and this leads to auto-tangling, auto-committing
> considerations that I don't even want to start thinking about.

I absolutely see your point, and I agree that doing this manually is out
of the question. But I am wondering if it would be possible to automate
this process, i.e. using git post server side hooks? I must admit that I
don't have any experience with this, but it sounds about the thing one
could use to automatically tangle the file.

But as I am not the one who has to maintain it, it is easy for me to
suggest it.

Cheers,

Rainer

UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)