Re: [O] Insert #+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA before \begin{document}?

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Insert #+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA before \begin{document}?
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 03:38:29 +0200

Hi Nick,

On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 07:26:26PM -0400, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi Seb,
> >
> > On Wed, May 07, 2014 at 09:01:39PM +0200, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> To insert a short title for a Beamer presentation, you can glean the
> >> following answers on the Web:
> >>
> >> - Using `#+BEAMER_HEADER_EXTRA' which -is- +was+ exported /after/ the
> >>   `\title' command.
> >
> > I use this:
> >
> >   #+LATEX_HEADER: \subtitle{Some subtitle}
> >
> > I can confirm this worked with some version of 8.x, however I have not
> > used it recently.
> >

> Are you sure it worked with beamer? AFAICT, it just adds a subtitle
> to the title slide, nothing more. In particular, beamer does not seem
> to use it for the purpose that Seb wants it: a (limited-length) marker
> on each slide.

You are right.  I misunderstood Seb's question.  :-p

I think I looked into this sometime back and I don't think there was a
nice resolution (as evidenced by Seb's links).  That said, I vaguely
recall a discussion on this 1 and half to 2 years back (that would be
the old exporter of course).  I think supporting this as a feature was
bypassed since this is very much LaTeX specific.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu